BIOGRAPHY: Joanne Law, Vic, Melbourne
Joanne is an experienced mediator with two levels of accreditation:
- A Nationally Accredited Mediatoraccredited by the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS).
- An Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
In addition to her Mediation qualification and experience Joanne isa professional trainer and entrepreneur working to reduce and resolve the waste associated with conflict.
Joanne begin her work to help people resolve difficulties in their lives in Canberra establishing a multidisciplinary practice called Impact Pacific in Canberra in 2003. Joanne offered life, business and executive coaching services before moving to Melbourne and taking on the general manager role for an industry association.
Joanne also provides support and education on anger management, negotiation and other interpersonal skills to Kenna Law Barristers and Solicitors clients before gaining formal qualifications as a mediator and family dispute resolution practitioner and establishing Mediation Institute to train mediators.
In 2015 she was part of the establishment of the not-for-profit Interact Support to provide mediation and associated services to families in conflict
Joanne specialises in helping people to overcome interpersonal conflict through mediation and has a very approachable style of mediation that quickly establishes the trust of the parties and ensures that the process is safe, respectful and focused on reaching a point where there is the possibility for the conflict to de-escalate and a problem-solving approach be taken to resolving the underlying issues.
QUALIFCATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
- Accredited National Mediator Australia NMAS, Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution and Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Root Cause Analysis Trainer and Facilitator
- NLP Master Practitioner and Trainer
- Certificate IV in Training and EducationLife, Business and Executive Coach
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIPOF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Mediation Institute Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (Mi RMAB)
- Victorian Association of Dispute Resolvers (VADR)