BIOGRAPHY: Michael Maguire, Qld, Brisbane
Michael has 30 years’ background as a Lawyer and now as a Mediator and Facilitator. He has a Master of Laws degree and a Grad Dip Ed.
To become ‘part of the solution’ Michael is a nationally accredited mediator (Resolution Institute) and a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner has over 20 years’ experience in mediation and uses a workplace mediation framework to assist employees prepare for their mediation and employers to manage employee relationships post mediation.
Michael lives in Brisbane however will travel anywhere to serve our clients’ needs.
He has been an Emverio Senior team member since its inception.
Since 1989 to the present, he has conducted Lectures for Universities: USQ Business Programs; USQ, Property Law; QUT Family Law; QUT, Business and Corporations Law.
Michael has been a principal at South Queensland Law, a successful law practice in Toowoomba where he was partner in charge of the Family Law division, supervising several staff. The role involved extensive practice in mediation.
Workplace Assessment and Investigation Experience
Michael regularly conducts Workplace Assessments for emverio clients. This entails interviewing and report writing to organisations on how they can improve on their employee relationships and workplace environment.
He is also experienced in Workplace Investigations to substantiate breaches of Policy / Procedures and follows processes to investigate complaints made against an employee using procedural fairness principals and the proper evidence test (balance of probabilities).
- Accredited Mediator Australia,
- Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Dispute Resolution Certificate holder,
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland,
- Lecturer, Business Programs: QUT and USQ
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Solicitors Admission Board (1980)
- Council Member, National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA) (2015-)
- Member, Elder Mediation Australasian Network (EMAN)
- Board member, Toowoomba Advocacy and Support Centre (TASC National Ltd) (Honorary Life Member)