BIOGRAPHY: Hanna Jaireth, ACT
Conflict resolution has been part of Hanna’s employment for many years, including as a farm debt mediation officer, researcher, tribunal member, and parliamentary inquiry secretary.
Hanna recognises the relief that confidential, dignified, facilitated mediations can bring for parties in conflict, and especially for people in ongoing relationships suchas work colleagues. She has mediated franchising, community, workplace and interpersonal disputes.
Hannahas undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in arts/law and international relations andhas held national accreditation as a mediator since 2013.
In the 1990s Hanna researched and contributed to reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the broader community.Hannahas served on the boards of several non-government environmental law organisations and law journals for many years. She has also volunteered with ACT ParkCare since 2001 and continues to enjoy working in our bushland.
QUALIFCATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
- National accreditation as a mediator (2014 & renewals)
- PhD & MA (ANU) (2001, 1991)
- BA/LLB (Hons) (ANU) (1985)
- Certificate of Parliamentary Fellowship (ICPS) (New Delhi) (1989)
- ANZACATT Parliamentary Law Practice & Procedure (2006); assistant clerk at the table training (2009)
- Admission as a Barrister of NSW Supreme Court (1985) & Barrister & Solicitor of the ACT Supreme Court (1987), induction, High Court (2010)